In Lafayette (5-12, 2-5 PL) 59, American (3-15, 2-5 PL) 57
Easton, Pennsylvania Lafayette junior guard Makayla Andrews scored 19 points to lead the team to a 59-57 win over American on Wednesday morning.
* Andrews added five rebounds, four assists and three blocks.
* Lafayette sophomore guard Abby Antognoli scored 12 points for the third straight game in double figures. Antognoli also had nine boards and five assists.
* American junior forward Emily Johns paced the Eagles for the second straight game with 15 points to go along with seven rebounds.
* Rookie forward Molly Lavin contributed 11 points and seven rebounds, while junior guard Anna LeMaster scored 10 points.
Santa Cruz (15-3, 7-0 PL) 59 at Colgate (10-8, 4-3 LP) 49
Hamilton, New York – With a 59-49 win over Colgate, the Holy Cross Crusaders have started League play 7-0 for the fourth time in program history.
* Youth guard Bronagh Power-Cassidy scored a game-high 19 points, while sophomore forward Lindsay Berger posted the third double-double of her career with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
* Holy Cross junior guard Cara McCormack added a season-high 10 points and six rebounds.
* As a team, the Crusaders were 21-for-41 (.512) from the field and 5-for-8 (.625) from goal.
* Colgate sophomore guard Taylor Golembiewski scored 11 points followed by Alexa Brodie (9).
Army West Point (5-12, 3-4 LP) 52 at Bucknell (6-12, 2-5 LP) 43
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania – Army recorded their third League win on Wednesday night after defeating Bucknell, 52-43.
* Senior forward Kamryn Hall led Army with 17 points, five rebounds and three blocks.
* Senior forward Sabria Hunter finished with 10 points, 13 rebounds and four steals for her 10th double-double of the season.
* Bucknell senior forward Emma Shaffer filled the stat sheet with 15 points, 15 rebounds, two assists and two blocks.
* Senior guard Tai Johnson scored 11 points to mark his fifth straight game scoring in double figures, Johnson also recorded a season-high four assists.
At Boston University (12-6, 7-0 PL) 84, Navy (1-17, 1-6 LP) 41
Boston – Boston University defended home with an 84-41 victory over Navy to mark the team’s largest margin win this season.
* Four BU student-athletes earned double-digit scores: sophomore guard Alex Giannaros (22), junior forward Caitlin Weimar (17), Maggie Pina (13) and Maren Durant (10).
* Giannaros shot 8 of 9 from the field and 5 of 5 from three-point range.
* Weimar grabbed 14 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season.
* Navy junior guard Sydne Watts finished the game with 16 points followed by Mimi Schrader (8), freshman guard Maren Louridas (6) and senior forward Lindsay Llewellyn (6).
At Lehigh (8-9, 4-2 LP) 72, Loyola Maryland (7-11, 2-5 LP) 65
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania – Lehigh outscored Loyola, 19-12, in overtime to record a 72-65 victory over the Greyhounds.
* Junior point guard Mackenzie Kramer scored 21 points, while senior forward Frannie Hottinger had 15 points, four rebounds, two steals and two assists.
* Rookie forward Lily Fandre led all players with a career-high six assists, 11 points and seven rebounds.
* Loyola sophomore forward Lex Therien scored double-digit points (28) for the fifth straight game and grabbed 15 rebounds for her ninth double-double this season.
* Graduate guard Taleah Dixon (14) and senior guard Bri Rozzi (10) also had double-digit points.
ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
The Patriot League is in its fourth decade of academic and athletic achievement, continually demonstrating that student-athletes can excel both academically and athletically without sacrificing high standards. The Patriot League’s athletic success is achieved as its member institutions remain committed to its founding principle of admitting and graduating student-athletes who are academically representative of their class. Participation in athletics at Patriot League institutions is considered an important component of a well-rounded education.